Korean kitchenware items is some of the most essential tools you need in your kitchen if you want to create authentic Korean dishes. From the trusty ddukbaegi (earthenware cauldron) to sot (cast iron pan), here are 10 must-have Korean kitchenware items that will make your cooking adventures so much easier!
Korean Kitchenware Items
- Ddukbaegi: Ddukbaegi is an earthenware cauldron that is used for all sorts of things, from cooking stews to making ddukbokki (rice cakes in spicy sauce). It retains heat well, so it’s perfect for dishes that need to simmer for awhile.
- Sot: Sot is a cast iron pan that is great for Korean BBQ or stir-frying. It distributes heat evenly and can get very hot, so it’s perfect for searing meat or vegetables.
- Gochujang pot: Gochujang is a fermented chili paste that is used in many Korean dishes. It is spicy, sweet, and savory all at the same time.
- A gochujang pot is essential for storing this delicious paste. It has a tight-fitting lid to keep the gochujang fresh and moist.
- Doenjang pot: Doenjang is a fermented soybean paste that is used in soups, stews, and sauces. Like gochujang, it is also kept in a special pot with a tight-fitting lid.
- Yangnyeom tongs: Yangnyeom tongs are metal tongs that are used for grilling Korean BBQ. They have a long handle so you can reach over the hot coals to flip the meat.
- Chopsticks: Chopsticks are an essential part of Korean cuisine! They are used for everything from eating rice to picking up small pieces of food.
- Spoons: Spoons are also very important in Korean cooking. They are used for eating soup, rice, and other dishes.
- Knives: Knives are necessary for cutting meat, vegetables, and fruit.
- Cutting board: A cutting board is a must-have for any kitchen! It is the perfect surface for chopping food.
With these 10 essential Korean cookware items, you will be well on your way to creating delicious and authentic Korean dishes!
Kimchi is a traditional Korean dish made of fermented vegetables, usually cabbage. It’s a popular side dish or main course and is considered to be very healthy.
A kimchi pot is a must if you want to make your own kimchi at home! It is specifically designed to ferment vegetables, so it has a weight on the lid that presses down the veggies so they are submerged in the brine. This is essential for proper fermentation.
Best Kimchi Containers – Glass, Ceramic, & Stainless Steel
As kimchi becomes more popular worldwide, there are now many different types of kimchi pots and containers available on the market. Here are some of the best ones to choose from:
- Glass Kimchi Container
- Ceramic Kimchi Pot
- Stainless Steel Kimchi Container
- Plastic Kimchi Container
- Wooden Kimchi Barrel
- Clay Kimchi Pot
- Stone Kimchi Pot
- Copper Kimchi Vessel
- Brass Kimchi Jar
- AluminumKimchi Dish
Most universal one would be a ceramic kimchi pot as it can go from fridge to table, but each type has its own benefits so choose the one that suits your needs the best!
No matter what type of kimchi pot you choose, make sure it is airtight and has a weight to press down the vegetables. This is essential for proper fermentation. With a little trial and error, you’ll be making delicious kimchi at home in no time!
Hot Stone Pot
Hot stone pot, or dolsotbap, is a Korean dish made of rice and vegetables cooked in a hot stone pot. It is usually served with meat, fish, or tofu.
The hot stone pot cooks the rice and vegetables evenly and gives them a slightly charred flavor. It is also said to retain nutrients better than other cooking methods.
If you want to try hot stone pot at home, you will need a few things:
- A hot stone pot: You can find these online or at a Korean market.
- Rice: You can use any type of rice for this dish, but short-grain rice is best.
- Vegetables: Any type of vegetable will do, but some common ones are carrots, mushrooms, onions, and peppers.
- Meat, fish, or tofu: This is optional, but it gives the dish more flavor.
To cook the hot stone pot, first rinse the rice in cold water and soak it for 30 minutes. Then drain the rice and add it to the pot along with the vegetables. Add enough water to cover the ingredients. Place the pot on a stove over high heat and bring it to a boil. Reduce the heat to low and simmer for 30 minutes.
After 30 minutes, turn off the heat and let the pot sit for 10 minutes. then remove the lid and stir everything together. Be careful not to touch the hot stone! Serve immediately with meat, fish, or tofu if desired.
Korean Stainless steel rice cooker
A Korean stainless steel rice cooker is a must-have for anyone who loves to eat rice. It cooks the rice evenly and perfectly every time, so you don’t have to worry about burnt or undercooked rice.
It is also very easy to use. Just add the rice and water to the pot, select the cooking time, and press the start button. The pot will do the rest!
Korean stainless steel rice cookers come in all different sizes, so choose one that suits your needs. If you have a large family or entertain often, choose a bigger size. Otherwise, a smaller one will do just fine.
Cast iron pan
A cast iron pan is a versatile cooking tool that can be used for various Korean dishes. It is perfect for stir-frying, deep-frying, and even baking!
Cast iron pans are very durable and can last a lifetime if properly cared for. They also retain heat well, so your food will stay hot even after you take it off the stove.
To season a cast iron pan, rub it with vegetable oil and bake it in a preheated oven for 1 hour. Then let it cool completely before using it.
If you don’t have a cast iron pan, you can also use a stainless steel or aluminum pan. Just make sure to season it before using it to prevent sticking.
Ceramic nonstick frying pan
A ceramic nonstick frying pan is perfect for those who don’t want to use oil or butter when cooking. It is also very easy to clean!
To season a ceramic nonstick pan, rub it with vegetable oil and bake it in a preheated oven for 1 hour. Then let it cool completely before using it.
If you don’t have a ceramic nonstick pan, you can also use a stainless steel or aluminum pan. Just make sure to season it before using it to prevent sticking.
A cutting board is a necessary kitchen tool for any home cook. It is perfect for chopping vegetables, fruit, meat, and more.
When choosing a cutting board, make sure to select one that is the right size for your needs. If you have a small kitchen, choose a smaller board. Otherwise, choose a larger one.
Also, make sure to get a cutting board that is made of durable material such as wood or bamboo. Avoid plastic boards as they can dull your knives and are not as durable.
A chef’s knife is a versatile kitchen tool that can be used for various tasks such as chopping, slicing, and dicing. It is the most important tool in any kitchen!
When choosing a chef’s knife, make sure to select one that is the right size for your needs. If you have small hands, choose a smaller knife. Otherwise, choose a larger one.
Also, make sure to get a knife with a comfortable grip. Avoid plastic handles as they can be slippery and uncomfortable to use.
There are a few key items that you will need in order to cook Korean food. These include a rice cooker, a cast iron pan, a ceramic nonstick frying pan, a cutting board, and a chef’s knife. With these essential items, you will be able to cook many delicious Korean dishes!
I’m Michael Barnes and I love what I do. Every day, I get to work with the land and help create something that is essential for life. But it’s not always easy. Every day brings new challenges or unexpected natural disasters in order to produce what we need every day: meat; fruit, juice, and healthy dairy products!